Friday, July 16, 2010

The Curse of Arizona aka The Bad Boy Curse



I'd like to blame it on the heat, which is what I've tried to convince myself is the cause for everything this summer, but since it is not hot all year round here in Arizona, this one thing it cannot be blamed for. After several years of being a serial dater here in Arizona, the boys/men/guys have all proven one thing to me, that there must be a curse on this state, which I like to call the Bad Boy Curse.


It's been my experience that Arizona, specifically Tucson, breeds bad men. Even if you were not born and raised in the state, but then move here, you will at some point become an asshole if you were not one already. You will become what we women consider bad boys. You may be gorgeous, you may be tall and strong, you are most likely but not always covered in tattoos, you may know how to dance, you may own an amazing set of wheels or you may prefer to walk, you are probably an amazing kisser, and most often then not great in bed, but most importantly you know exactly how to sweep us (girls) off our feet, until a few weeks later where we see what a massive asshole you really are, and instead of landing on cloud nine we land in a pile of shit holding onto our broken hearts.


Personally, I'm an independent woman and get over the fact that you were a waste of my time rather quickly, but that does not set aside the fact that you seemed amazing but turned out to be the opposite. Nearly, every guy I've ever dated while living in Arizona has fallen under this curse. If that's true then you might ask me, "Why don't you date a different type of guy?" well dear reader I have dated all sorts of guys. They rarely ever fall into the same stereotypical category other then the curse.


Now don't get me wrong I realize that not 100% of the male race living in Arizona falls under this curse, but I would say 92% do, or at least from what I can tell. And for that 8% that have developed some sort of immunity to the curse, well they are snatched up so quickly, that literally not figuratively, in the blink of my eyes, they are spoken for. And since they are so amazing, once they are snatched up they are rarely seen on the market again.


I do suspect though there are a select few men that are able to fight off the curse and somehow cure themselves, however this is rare, and hard to find. And just thinking about this curse makes me want to try girls on for size again. After all, every time I'm with one of these soon to be heart breakers, all I ever crave is a make out sesh with a chick, but that is neither here nor there, so ladies beware of the curse!

No comments:

Post a Comment